VGen LAB cares about your privacy!
VGen LAB processes your personal data in compliance with the applicable data protection legislation and, in particular, with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR"), Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003 ("Codice Privacy”).
1) Data controller
The Data Controller is VGen LAB S.r.l., with registered office in Piazzale di Porta Pia 116. You can contact us at any time by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Purpose of the treatment
We'll use your data to:
- allow you to register on our Website and to access the relevant services, as well as to register for the Challenges provided from time to time in the relevant section of the Website;
- allow you to send a request for registration to one or more free and/or paid initiatives on the Website (such as, for example, physical presence events, hackathons, business games, innovation ground);
- subscribe and add you to the communication channels reserved for members of our community (e.g. on Telegram);
- allow you to receive all the necessary information relating to the Challenges to which you have subscribed through the means of communication you indicated to us when registering on the Website;
- allow you to interact with other Solvers, your team members, Mentors, Partners and any other person who has organized and/or is otherwise involved in the Challenge to which you have subscribed, in accordance with our Terms of Services;
- allow you to contact us at any time in the event of any malfunction and/or clarification regarding the use of the Website and/or the Challenge available;
- improve our Website and related services to enable you to use them in the best possible way;
- comply with legal obligations to which we are subject, or orders and/or requests from the Authority;
- with your consent, to carry out promotional and/or marketing activities, including the publication of personal data provided when registering for The Challenge;
- send you, with your express consent, communications of an informative and/or promotional nature relating to updates on initiatives, activities or events planned and/or promoted by VGen and/or for inclusion in distribution lists for the sending of communications relating to such activities.
3) Legal basis of the treatment
We will process your personal data primarily to enable you to use our services and other features available on the Website to perform our contractual obligations to you or to take pre-contractual measures taken at your request as set out in our Terms of Services (art. 6, lett. b), as well as for:
- enable us to act in accordance with the legal obligations to which VGen LAB is subject (art. 6, lett. c);
- pursue our legitimate interest in providing you with a smooth and effective service and to improve the functionality of our Website and enhance your experience of browsing and using it (art. 6, lett. f);
- subject to your consent, to carry out promotional and/or marketing activities, including the publication of personal data provided when registering for The Challenge (art. 6, lett. a).
4) What data do we collect and what data will we have access to through the Website?
Our Website allows us to collect the following categories of personal data:
- Information we collect during your use of the Website
The Website allows us to acquire certain data whose transmission is implicit in the use of the web. We do not collect this information to identify you, but through processing and association with third party data we may be able to identify you. In particular, we may be able to collect:
- the IP addresses of the devices you use to access the Website;
- the URI/URL notation addresses of the requested resources;
- the time of the request, the method used to submit it and the http response code;
- other parameters related to your browser and/or operating system used by you.
These data will not be kept for longer than the time strictly necessary for the use of the Website, for the fulfilment of the obligations in force regarding public security and/or required by the control authorities and in any case no longer than 7 days.
- Information we collect through your membership application
If you want to submit an application for a Challenge available on the "Challenge" and/or in the "Community" section of the Website, we will be able to acquire the information contained in the application, in particular:
- first name, last name, date of birth, e-mail;
- address, telephone number;
- business area of interest;
- if you wish to join The Challenge as a "student", your faculty of origin;
- if you wish to join The Challenge as a "team", the name of your team;
- if you wish to register your startup, the industry of reference.
- VGen LAB Newsletter
Subject to your consent, you may receive periodically on your e-mail our newsletter containing communications of an informative and/or promotional nature about initiatives, activities or events planned and/or promoted by VGen LAB and/or for inclusion in distribution lists for sending communications relating to such activities.
The newsletter is free of charge. If you explicitly request it by filling out the form in the appropriate section of the Website, you will authorize us to process your personal data (such as title, name, surname, e-mail address, telephone, profession, etc.).
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by simply clicking on the "unsubscribe" button in each newsletter or by writing to us at email@example.com.
- Data acquired through your registration through a social network
Where available, if you choose to access or sign up for our Website through social login systems (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook), we may only have access to personal data related to your account (e.g. first name, last name, email) to complete the registration and application process for a Challenge available on the its specific section of the Website.
- Data provided for the purchase of services and/or products available on the Website
The Website may allow you to purchase products and/or use services provided for a fee on the Website through the payment methods available on the Website from time to time. Please note that the identification data relating to the transaction will not be stored, even temporarily, in our systems (see also §11 below).
- Data provided and/or acquired during the Challenge
Il sito ci consente di raccogliere alcune informazioni necessarie per consentirti di partecipare alle Challenge di volta in volta pubblicate sul Sito conformemente a quando indicato nei nostri “Terms of Services”. A tal fine, raccogliamo, ad esempio, l’adesione e l’interessamento alle singole Challenge e le informazioni e i contenuti indicati nei Paper da te caricati nell’ambito delle singole Challenge, i quali saranno condivise con i Partner della stessa.
6) Obligation to provide data
You are not obliged to provide us your personal data, even if their failure, partial or incorrect conferment could not allow you to forward - and us to evaluate - your application for membership of the Community, the Challenge and/or access, in whole or in part, to reserved areas and/or services available on our Website.
Revocation and/or failure to grant your consent to carry out marketing activities does not have any consequences for you, even if, in such cases, you will not be able to remain up to date and the evaluation of the solution proposed by you as part of the Challenge in which you participated may be shared and/or made known.
7) Communication of data
- Solvers, Mentors, other Users, Challenge Promoters Partners and/or sponsors of any Challenge uploaded to the Website to which you have subscribed;
- external suppliers who provide activities on our behalf, including, but not limited to, maintenance and support of our information systems, press services, information agencies;
- natural persons, legal entities or professionals that perform, on our behalf, any paid services and/or the management of events promoted by us and/or accessible through the Website;
- freelancers, firms or professional associations charged with defending VGen LAB in litigation of any kind;
- Public security authorities, judicial authorities, persons or entities to whom it is obligatory to communicate your personal data under the provisions of the law or orders of the competent authorities.
The data to be communicated will concern only the data necessary to achieve the specific purposes for which they have been provided or collected. You can request a list of these subjects by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8) Data transfers abroad
Within the European Union, we may transfer the data collected through our Website in order to comply with legal, regulatory or regulatory obligations. Your data is stored on the servers of our hosting service provider Aruba, whose servers reside in Italy. hosting Serverplan, i cui server risiedono in Italia.
We manage our newsletter service through the "MailChimp" system owned by "The Rocket Science Group LLC", whose servers are located in the United States and, consequently, limited to this service we will transfer your personal data to the United States in accordance with the European Commission Decision 1250/2016 (the so-called "Privacy Shield"), implemented by the Garante Nazionale with measure no. 436 of 27 October 2016 [web document no. 5652873].
Any transfer of your personal data to countries outside the EU will take place in accordance with the provisions of Articles 44 et seq. of the GDPR on the basis of an adequacy decision adopted by the European Commission that can prove that the recipient country offers an adequate level of security for the protection of personal data.
In any case, for transfers to countries for which there is no Commission decision, we are committed to ensuring an adequate level of protection of your personal data, providing "adequate safeguards" on the basis of the provisions of Article 46. GDPR. To request clarification on the transfers or guarantees adopted, please write to email@example.com.
9) Data retention period
Your data are stored for a period of time not exceeding the time necessary for the purposes for which they were collected, conferred or subsequently processed in accordance with the provisions of the law.
In particular, the data provided for registration on the Website will be stored until your request for cancellation and/or deactivation of your account and, subsequently, only for the time necessary to fulfill the related legal obligations.
We inform you that the data of your credit card or payment systems that you have used and that may be available on the Website will not be stored, even temporarily, in our systems.
10) Rights of data subjects
You will be able to have clarity on the processing we carry out on your personal data or exercise the rights recognized by articles 15 and following of GDPR at any time. As example, you may exercise the following rights:
- Right of access: you can ask us for confirmation and which treatments we carry out on your personal data. You may also ask us to provide you with a copy of your data by e-mail and verify the data in our possession.
- Right of rectification: you can modify your data if it is incorrect (for example because it is different from the data you provided when you applied for membership) or complete incomplete data.
- Right to Cancellation You may ask us to delete all or part of the data you have provided us with.
- Right of limitation: you can ask us to limit the processing of your personal data to the use of the hypotheses provided for by law.
- Right to portability: you can obtain, in a structured format, in common use and readable by automatic device, the data you have provided us with and transmit them to another data controller.
- Revocation of consent: if the processing is legitimated by the consent you have given us, we inform you that you may revoke it at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing carried out by us before said revocation.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the Guarantor: without prejudice to any other administrative or jurisdictional recourse, you may lodge a complaint with the Guarantor Authority for the protection of personal data in the event that you believe that the processing operations carried out by us are in conflict with or violate current legislation on data protection.
You may send us any request and/or exercise the above rights by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11) Other websites
We may amend this policy to comply with any changes in data protection legislation or as may be required by the relevant authorities. To this end, please check this page periodically to stay informed about how we process your data.
We will publish any new version of this policy and notify you by email. Each new version of the information notice will be binding as soon as it is published. If you do not wish to accept these changes, you may exercise one of the rights mentioned above.
Version updated on 04/12/2019